Your Experience & Capabilities
- Mid to Senior level full stack developer.
- At least 2 years of experience working in medium to large systems.
- Experience working in distributed teams.
- Experience with node.js, distributed systems and MongoDb highly desired.
- Experience with the following technologies a plus: VUE, Elixir, Phoenix, PostgreSql, Redis.
- Experience with the following methodologies a plus TDD, BDD, Scrum, Kanban.
Betterez is an equal opportunity employer. Our diverse team, support for each other's success and collaborative culture in a fast-paced SaaS, have afforded Betterez recognition such as 2018's Timmy Award Recognition.
If interested, please contact email@example.com with your resume and a short write up of your reason for interest in this role (a write up in the email is fine).
Founded in 2011, Betterez is a venture backed Software-as-a-Service for ground travel/transportation sales & operations management. Headquartered in Toronto, we have customers, partners and team members in 10+ countries.
Our company is coming out of Covid-19 stronger, ready to partner with ground travel operators in intercity bus, airport shuttles, commuter services, employee/corporate transportation, transit agency express routes, and shipping/parcel, helping them further digitise their businesses and improve the user experience for passengers, staff and management.
This is a great opportunity! As part of our growth out of Covid-19, Betterez is adding to our Software Engineering team in Mexico / Latin America. You'll have the opportunity to work in an Agile approach with the latest technologies, pursuing extreme automation in the end to end development lifecycle.
Job Overview & Description:
- You will work on a fully remote, distributed and multidisciplinary team with lots of flexibility.
- You will write code for your business case as well as both unit and integration tests that are built on a CI server and deployed automatically into a staging environment with every push.
- Common tasks as well as boilerplate code are generated with our CLI tool allowing you to concentrate on solving real problems.
- You will work on a team that values paying back technical debt and refactoring often when found. Practice the Scout rule to leave the code better than you found it.
- You'll participate in daily standups to remove blocks and get feedback from others.
- Part of our culture is daily communication on Slack or video conference with any member of the engineering team to solve problems, bounce ideas or just chat.
- Betterez is a learning organisation; we value exploration of different approaches and new ideas.
- While we like to standardise solutions, architecture and tooling like build systems, such as linter, we are never afraid of trying new ideas. (Don't worry you can use your favourite editor).