Reusable and customizable components to improve and expedite product delivery, meeting the Reservations and Ticketing Management needs of small, medium, and large enterprises
Before you start
You will need to sign up for a Betterez account. Once you have an account you will need your public and private API keys to make requests to the end points of the Betterez API.
Betterez API is modeled as a series of buckets of resources based on how the API is normally used.
- Sales API: contains the resources required to interact with our shopping cart
- Inventory API: contains the resources required to browse products
- You will normally interact with resources in multiple buckets to perform complex operations, like selling a ticket.
- You can see a list of buckets in the API Documentation
Betterez API is designed to be backward compatible. We follow the expand contract pattern to always add new fields into resources and rarely or never remove existing fields. In rare occasions, we may remove resources and replace those resources with new ones if the required changes are not backward compatible. In those cases we will always keep a window where both resources are available.
Resources represent specific items that can be manipulated and inspected based on a variety of permissions. You can use HTTP verbs (GET, POST, PUT, PATCH, DELETE) to perform actions on the resources.
All endpoints use SSL (https). There are 3 different authentication mechanisms used when consuming the API.
- X-API-KEY header for non-destructive public end points
- Basic authentication: to log into an account and request the JWT token
- JWT token: for more sensitive end points
You should be able to interact with Betterez endpoints using a tool such as curl or postman. For more information please consult our documentation.